federal employee attorneys, MSPB lawyers, EEOC lawyers...
Mr. Thomas was formerly employed with the federal government and understand the many issues regarding federal employment. Mr. Thomas was employed on the civilian side with the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts. The Law Offices of Archibald J. Thomas, III, P.A. specializes in federal employment defense for members of the Senior Executive Service (SES), federal supervisors and federal employees of all types before their particular federal agencies and at the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the United States Office of Special Counsel (OSC), the United States Office of Personnel Management (OPM), the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals (DOHA), the Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA) and in other venues.
In addition to employment defense, the federal employee lawyers at The Law Offices of Archibald J. Thomas, III, P.A. represent federal employees in disability retirement matters before their individual agencies and also before OPM and the MSPB. Our attorneys represent individuals in initial responses to security clearance inquiries by federal agencies (e.g. notice of intent to deny security clearance) and appeals of security clearance determinations to DOHA. Additionally, The Law Offices of Archibald J. Thomas, III, P.A. represents federal employees and supervisors in discrimination and sexual harassment matters before their individual agency and at the EEOC and the MSPB. Additionally, The Law Offices of Archibald J. Thomas, III, P.A. represents those who have served in the military in reference to the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (Veterans Preference) issues (VEOA).
The Law Offices of Archibald J. Thomas, III, P.A. also handles the representation of federal supervisors and employees who encounter other employment or labor difficulties in the performance of their duties. The Law Offices of Archibald J. Thomas, III, P.A. specializes in disciplinary action defense involving removal actions, suspensions, performance improvement plans, letters of reprimand, letters of warning and other disciplinary matters. In particular, some of the matters that The Law Offices of Archibald J. Thomas, III, P.A. handles for those in the federal workforce include the following:
- Adverse Actions of all types (removals, demotions, suspensions of 15 days or more)
- Disciplinary Action (suspensions of 14 days or less)
- Proposed Adverse Actions or Disciplinary Actions, under Title 5, Chapter 75
- Performance Improvement Plans (PIP)
- Appeals of Alleged Deficient Performance under Title 5, Chapter 43
- Proposed Security Clearance Actions of Inquiries
- Security Clearance Appeals (DOHA)
- Military Discrimination issues (USERRA) and Veteran’s Preference (VEOA)
- Discrimination Actions at the EEOC (Filing of Complaints and Defense of Complaints)
- Sexual Harassment at the EEOC (Filing of Complaints and Defense of Complaints)
- Reasonable Accommodation issues for Federal employees and supervisors
- Disability Retirement (OPM) (applications for disability retirement and reconsideration issues).
- FERS and CSRS Retirement Issues
- Federal Erroneous Retirement Coverage Corrections Act (FERCCA)
- Unfair Labor Practices at the (FLRA) and Congressional Office of Compliance (OOC)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) issues and representation
- Supervisor and Employee Grievances
- Disciplinary Arbitration Representation (possible alternative to MSPB for some federal employees)
- General Arbitration Representation
Employment issues can be of major importance to Federal Employees and Supervisors. The Law Offices of Archibald J. Thomas, III, P.A. offers reasonable rates to federal employees in assisting them with their individual issues. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss your particular legal needs in the Federal Sector. Please contact us if you would like to discuss your federal employment concerns or if you would like to retain us to represent you in any federal employee related matter.